A little about us:
- We are a family run Bradford dance shop on the Leeds Bradford Shipley Borders.
- We have toys available for siblings to entertain themselves while your dancers are fitted, we don’t mind a little mess or noise, (children will be children.)
- We treat each customer as an individual and ensure each visit to our online store or our Bradford dance shop is a positive and relaxed experience,
- Everyone is welcome at Beatz n Pointe dancewear,
Our team have a wealth of knowledge to share due to the combination of the above and having;
- Experience of the dance industry for over 20 years,
- Dance teacher training through ISTD,
- Training in nutrition and healthy lifestyles.
- Working with children for over 25 years, including learning difficulties and disabilities
- Child development training.
- Child protection training
- DBS Checks
- First Aid
- Pointe fitters are retrained every 2 years, by independent training facilitators, ensuring our fittings are to a very high standard.
After a happy experience of competitions and classes through my own childhood, then passing this love to my daughter who moved on to pursue her dance career in 2016, I moved on to help and support different schools in the local communities along with this and then a local dance shop closing I agreed to open Beatz n Pointe dancewear Shipley to the dance community and have never looked back, I love seeing those smiles from both adults and children.
2016 Beatz n Pointe was born from a little dance shop just outside the city of Bradford and Bordering Leeds, the shop consisting of one uniform rail and basic range of shoes,with our focus on Pointe shoes. Our custom base grew with customers travelling from as far as Manchester for the expertise of fitting, so the stock soon grew to accommodate the numerous uniforms and shoes needed, there were comp students and then came the dance workshops and master classes, we needed more for our ever growing custom base.
2018 has seen us introduce printing services allowing troupes to have bottles, towels and dancewear printed in store,
Personalised tap boards were also launched in 2018 these have traveled from our little dance shop in Bradford throughout the country as far as Scotland.
December 2018 upon our 3rd birthday approaching we purchased Angel dancewear to give further options for workshops and masterclass students. The Angel dancewear range and ability to import from around the world allows us to provide that much needed Unique dancewear in store and online, you will see us around Move it and CYD conventions throughout the year.
During 2019 the shop was becoming a little tight for space so we completed some much needed work to extend our shop front.
2019 we have taken on work to produce dance school uniforms printed, clothing and Leotards.
We have attended dance conventions taking items from the Bradford dance shop to event such as Can you dance and dance caper, we have had online sales travelling as far as canada, Indonesia and the USA.
2020 hit hard with Corona virus lock down at show time followed by partial lock downs of gyms and dance studios. The virus is a very difficult time for the creative arts industry but with every ones support we are continuing positively. We have introduced new web pages for each dance class uniform to support teachers and students ensuring they continue to have access to their regular brand without having to go out into the community for longer than needed.
For those visiting the shop we introduced fitting pods and PPE in line with our risk assessment to reduce risk of infection.
Stay safe and feel free to get in touch